Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Wotsit

December is always so busy, juggling social events with  extra work commitments. We rush to connect with everyone we have neglected the rest of the year to reassure them we are well and prosperous, hoping to hear the same in return.
I hate the rampant consumerism that takes hold of us at this time of the year that encourages us to spend way beyond our means. I try to make items through out the year to personalise my gifts and spread the financial load.

I am always happy to receive a card from a good friend each year that gifts seeds to a third world country. This year I sent a chicken as a gift via World Vision cards, to many people and sponsored a third world child as a wedding present. Watching the television tonight I came across a segment that urged us to give the gift of blood - extremely relevant given our holiday road deaths toll each year.I have a dear friend who lives alone and has fostered two very young kittens for the holiday period who would otherwise have spent the time in a cage.

There is always a need to be fulifilled. Regardless of the time of year or the religion we subscribe to, the greatest gift we can give is that of ourselves, in whatever way we can. 

I wish you all a safe and happy holiday, I hope you can enjoy and appreciate the people who surround you, receive with grace and give thanks for the richness of life.

With love
Nirala

Happy cats!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...always good to know that someone is reading and (hopefully) enjoying.